Wangwang ng Bayan (DZUP 1602)
Live! On-Air! Every Wednesday, 1-2 p.m. @ DZUP 1602
Dr. Cresencio “Dayô” M. Montalbo, Jr. - Associate Professor, SURP &
Dr. Ma. Sheilah G. Napalang - Assistant Professor, SURP
Under the banner of "Formulation of a National EST Strategy for the Philippines", The NCTS came up with the Web Portal for EST. To utilize the site completely, you need to register for an account. Your password shall then be sent to you through e-mail by the administrator.
The NCTS is also actively involved in Road Traffic Safety advocacy. Take a peek at our activities!
The UP-NCTS is currently undertaking the "Development of Mega Manila Public Transportation Planning Support System (PTPSS)" project under the MOU between the University of the Philippines, Diliman (UPD) and Department of Transportation Communications (DOTC). Watch out for updates!
- The Center has conducted A Course for Public Utility Vehicle Drivers (Bus Drivers & Conductors) on September 28-30, 2010.
- The NCTS has conducted a 5-day technical training on Advanced Course on Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering and Management for the member-representatives of the Metro Iloilo-Guimaras Economic Development Council (MIGEDC) composed of Pavia, Sta. Barbara, Leganes, Oton, San Miguel, Iloilo City and the Province of Guimaras on September 20-24, 2010 at the Iloilo Grand Hotel. More information can be found here.
- The NCTS has conducted a Training Course on Road Safety Audit on September 13-17, 2010.
- The NCTS has conducted a Traffic Administration Course (TAC) on September 6-10, 2010. More information can be found here.
- The NCTS has conducted a Teachers' Training on Road Traffic Safety for Children: Grade 6 Level on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro. Eight schools have participated.
- TAC Marikina - Traffic Administration Course for Marikina (03.15-19.2010) (details / schedule, report)
- TURNMAC - Training on Urban Road Network Management in Asian Countries 2010 (1.21-29, 2010) (details, schedule, report)
- Formulation of a National EST Strategy for the Philippines - all regional consultation files have been uploaded.
- Capacity Building and Social Marketing for Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) - go to the EST portal / Brochure Page 1, Page 2
- The Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) Guidelines for the Philippines is now available online! View PDF